There are a number of forms below that you may find useful, please let us know if you are unable to find the form you are looking for –
Please note that applications for sanctioning must be with the ESFA 28 days prior to the planned fixture/tour, to guarantee that checks can be completed in time for approval to reach you before the event
Please ensure all sections of nomination forms are filled out before sending them on to your area Council member.
ESFA Risk Assessment Template
You can download a copy of the ESFA’s risk assessment template for events below
Representative Football – Guidance on Eligibility Criteria
- Players must be in full time education at a DfE registered institution to be eligible to represent their District, County or Country.
- A player shall be eligible for selection for the County Schools’ FA in which they attend school.
- A player shall be eligible for selection for the District Schools’ FA in which they attend school.
To support members to determine eligibility for selection post-16, where the education sector is more complex, this document has been prepared and can be found below.
ESFA policy guidance:
- Those who play for an Academy or RTC shall be eligible for selection nationally. Member County and District Associations have the discretion to determine whether such players are eligible for County or District selection.
- For those receiving attending a Pupil Referral Unit, eligibility to play for a District or County shall be determined by the location of the school/unit in which they are primarily registered, unless the pupil has been prohibited from playing football as part of the terms of his/her exclusion, in which case such pupils would not be eligible for selection. PRU-educated pupils able to play for their District/County Association are eligible for national selection.
- Those who are home educated shall be eligible to play for the District/County in which they reside, unless they are registered with a school for exams, in which case the school’s locality shall define eligibility. Players eligible to play for their County are eligible for national selection.
Members are reminded that eligibility to play international football is governed by FIFA and as such, eligibility is defined by the calendar year of the player’s birth: those eligible should be U15/U18 on 1st January in the calendar year in which the competitive fixtures take place.
The headteacher toolkit explains how much we would really like to encourage all of our competing schools to not only get right behind their school team/s but also behind the wonderful opportunities of schools’ football and all it can bring to pupils and entire schools alike.
ESFA Constitution and Structures Guide
Following decisions taken at the AGM about Association structures, you may be thinking about revising your constitution or changing your Association structure. Please find our guide to help you with this below