Privacy Notice: Representative Football Players’ Parents/Guardians
Please read this privacy notice carefully to see how the English Schools’ Football Association will treat the personal information that you provide. This information is collected so that we can effectively and efficiently organise our activities for our members and so is sought under the “legitimate interests” basis outlined in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) legislation.
Why we need it, what we use it for and when we no longer need it:
In order to ensure that the Association’s football calendar of activity is delivered, your contact details (including name and contact details) are held in the Association’s digital records and shared only with those with a legitimate interest in the activities below.
Your information will be used solely for the purpose of planning, organising, delivering, administering and celebrating the ESFA’s representative football programme and will be made available only to those who need it for this purpose.
We will retain your information until your son/daughter ceases playing with the Association and will retain their playing details for the ESFA’s historic archive.
Information about your son/daughter will be collected so that:
- Our records hold their names, contact details and next of kin/emergency contact details;
- We can report on and celebrate individual participation and team achievements;
- We can effectively administer the governance regulations for football in England, as laid down by The Football Association (eg player discipline, safeguarding). Personal details may be shared with The Football Association in the event of disciplinary or safeguarding matters
- We can provide appropriate medical and/or welfare precautions for players taking part in the ESFA’s international programme;
- We can use imagery in publicity, subject to appropriate consents and safeguards;
- An archive of players can be retained, in the interests of the Association’s history;
- We can keep in touch with players after their time with the Association, if you permit us to do so.
When your son or daughter ceases playing with the Association, we will:
- Retain their participation record for the archive (this will include names in programmes, awards ceremonies and other rolls of honour);
- Retain their contact details, so that we can keep you updated with any of the Association’s activity which may continue to be of interest to you after you have left us, unless you ask us not to
- Confidentially destroy the remaining information about your son/daughter, giving particular regard to the security of health/welfare records
We may also ask you for information regarding your child’s “protected characteristics” as defined by the Equalities Act. Any information provided in this regard will be separated from the remainder of the personal details and used only in an anonymised format for statistical monitoring purposes to check the effectiveness of the ESFA’s equality policies. You are not obliged to provide this information but are encouraged to do so if asked.
You and/or your child’s personal information will not be shared with others beyond that described here unless the Association is legally obliged to do so under English law for statutory, legislative or regulatory purposes.
Using our website
The ESFA’s statement about cookies can be found at:
You can find more about cookies by visiting www.Allaboutcookies.org
Accessing your Information
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, you can do so by submitting a “subject access request” to the Association by writing using the contact details below. Please mark your correspondence “Subject Access Request” and we will respond within 40 days.
If you have any queries about any aspect of this statement, or wish to notify us of any change in personal details, personal communication preferences or other data uses, please contact The Data Controller, English Schools’ Football Association, 4, Parker Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford ST18 0WP, or email email@example.com, clearly marking your email as “FAO Data Controller”.