This policy applies to those Associations who run representative teams only. If you do not have District or County teams, you do not need to appoint a Welfare Officer.
In order to affiliate representative teams to ESFA, all District and County Associations MUST have a named Welfare Officer who has complied with the following FA Welfare Officer requirements;
- An Enhanced FA DBS disclosure (these are not portable from school or other organisations)
- Attended the FA’s Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Attended the FA’s Welfare Officer Workshop
FA DBS disclosures can be obtained by downloading and following the instructions in the FA DBS (CRC) ESFA Applicant Guidance or through your local County FA offices, by appointment.
- The Safeguarding Children Workshop and Welfare Officer Workshop should be booked through the local County FA Development team.
- For County FA contact information click here.
Please remember, Associations, will not be able to affiliate unless a Welfare Officer is in place.