How do I get started?
Click here and select REGISTER from the login screen and enter the information requested, including:
Org PIN 102258
Org Name 1English Schools FA
Secret Word ESFA
Once registered you can then login using the above organisation PIN, your email address and password created as part of the registration process and commence your online application. You will be asked for your National Insurance, Passport and Driving Licence numbers so please ensure you have this information ready.
In order for the check to be submitted, you will need to provide proof of your identity. There are 3 ways to do this:
- You can have your documents verified face-to-face at the Post Office.
- A fee will be charged at the Post Office for this service (currently £8.75).
- Take your original documents together with a clear and legible photocopy of each document into the Post Office, together with the Post Office ID checking service form (available to download here)
- The Post Office counter staff will check each document against the original, date and sign each photocopy and stamp with the words ‘this copy is a true likeness of the original’ on each document.
- They will give you back all your documents and provide you with a receipt.
- You must then send this form, together with the photocopies to: Martin Duffield at 52 St Mark’s Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 7SD
- Or you can post your original documents to Martin Duffield at 52 St Mark’s Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 7SD. Please send your documents by recorded or special delivery and they will be returned to you in the same way, usually within 24/48 hours.
- Or you can make an appointment with one of the verifiers listed on the website when you complete the application.
The list of acceptable ID and an ID selection tool form part of the online application.
What happens next?
You will be notified that your application has been verified and will receive an email asking you to log into the online service and make your payment, using the Paypal online payment service. You will need to go back online and pay for the check. The cost is £10 for volunteers.
Once you have paid, the application will automatically submit to The FA Disclosure Unit where the application will be validated before progressing to the DBS for further processing.
- Upon completion, the DBS will issue you with the Disclosure.
- Only one certificate is produced and it will be sent directly to you.
- If there is any “content” on the disclosure (even if not relevant to your role) you will be asked to send the certificate to The FA to be assessed
- Failure to return the certificate when requested will result in an automatic suspension for non-compliance
REMEMBER: DBS disclosures are not portable between organisations unless a specific application is made through the Government Portability Service. A DBS Disclosure completed through a school procedure will not be accepted by ESFA.