The new face of Representative Football for the English Schools’ FA
The ESFA is delighted to kick off the inaugural season of their Champions Cup competitions in 201/22.
This season, the competitions will be hosted via League Republic software, which will help the Competitions Department to manage draws and also Player Passport payments. Full information has been sent out to secretaries of all participating teams, but we’ve included some important information below, for you to be able to refer to throughout the season.
All Association Secretaries must create a user account on the League Republic website, this will allow teams to be created for the relevant competitions entered for the 21/22 season.
Parents/carers of players that have been successful in their selection to representative sides must then register their child(ren) to take part and pay their player passport fee. Remember – there is only one fee to be paid per player, no matter how many teams they represent throughout the season.
Association Secretaries must check which players have been registered for their teams using their League Republic account. Only players whose registration has been completed and whose fees have been paid are eligible to represent the Association in fixtures.
You can view the ESFA Champions Cup league republic page here: https://esfachampionscup.leaguerepublic.com/index.html
Tips & Reminders
- Fixtures are available to be viewed on the League Republic website (not via esfa.co.uk as in previous seasons)
- Matches are to be played ON the published play-on date for each fixture. Matches will be permitted to be scheduled prior to the play-on date should it be mutually agreed by both teams, but extensions to play-on dates will not be permitted in any of the Champions Cup competitions
- Team Administrators are required to report fixture results by 12:00 noon on the Monday following the play-on date (this is done via their League Republic account)
- Team Administrators are required to submit an online team sheet for each game via their League Republic account (you can also name substitutes, select a formation and declare goal scorers for matches using this facility)
- You can view the complete, published rules for the Champions Cup competitions online here
- The appointment of Match Officials for fixtures is the responsibility of the “home” team
- If you have any questions or queries about any of the Champions Cup fixtures, you can contact the Competitions Department on email@example.com
It is a requirement of affiliation that each Association complies with FA Safeguarding regulations, so ALL team staff working with your representative teams must be registered on the ESFA portal and hold an in-date and accepted FA DBS certificate. For more details click here.
If you have any safeguarding concerns regarding any of the ESFA’s representative teams, then you can report such matters to the English Schools’ FA National Welfare Officer, Martin Duffield, using the contact details below:
Champions Cup – Useful Downloads
We’ve uploaded copies of some useful documents that have been shared to Association Secretaries, please feel free to download them from here if required
Introducing Player Passport
The Player Passport is the term that covers the player registration process for all representative team players from 2021/22 onwards. Players that are selected to represent their District or County must be registered and paid for at the start of the season – only players who are fully registered will be eligible to be chosen to represent their Association in fixtures.
The Player Passport comprises of a one-off £25 fee, per season, which covers that player for the entirety of the season – even if they move to a new area and Association. Once a player is registered, they stay registered season-long. It is the responsibility, once requested by an Association, of each players’ parent/guardian to register their child and pay the fee. We have put together a handy guide on how to do this, which you can download below: